Dual 15″ Two-Way Full-Range Main System
The PRX725 is a self-powered, lightweight two-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a broad bandwidth.
- 139 dB peak SPL
- Dual 15″ Differential Drive® low-frequency driver for low-distortion and higher SPL
- 1.5″ diameter next generation JBL neodymium compression driver
- JBL designed waveguide for accurate coverage
- Efficient Class-D amplifier technology
- Normal and Boost user selectable EQ presets
- DSP input section, crossover, dynamic limiting, component optimization, selectable system EQ
- Line level and direct microphone input capability
- Professional XLR-1/4″ combination inputs, RCA inputs, and XLR loop-through
- Multiple injection molded handles with backing cup for easy transport
- Integrated M10 suspension points for easy setup
- Lightweight poplar plywood cabinets made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints and protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™finish.
- Cloth backed, dent-resistant 16 gauge steel grilles
- If a simple set-up is required and full bandwidth output at high levels is a must, then the PRX725 is most likely the optimum solution. With the same foot print as the PRX715, the dual 15″ woofer design creates enough low frequency content to serve most live music or music playback situations. When coupled with a PRX subwoofer (or multiple subwoofers) the system becomes a high volume sound reinforcement solution, perfect for regional tour companies and AV Rental companies looking for a scalable, easy to employ audio solution. We recommend using the PRX718XLF in conjunction with the PRX725 as the extended low frequency capabilities of the subwoofer compliment the frequency response of the PRX725.
- For live music, recorded music playback and speech the user has the option of tailoring the EQ. A microphone can be directly connected to the speaker input for quick on-the-fly PA applications.
- The PRX725 is a self-powered, lightweight two-way loudspeaker system capable of delivering a very high level of performance over a wide bandwidth. The PRX725 is comprised of two 380 mm (15 in) 275 Differential Drive® woofers, a 2408H-2, 37.5mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver mounted to a 90° by 50° horn, all driven by a Class-D power amplifier. Sophisticated DSP is at the core of a fully featured input section, providing user selectable system EQ, protection, input sensitivity selection, cross-over functionality, dynamic limiting and discrete component optimization.
- All PRX700 cabinets are built from a combination of 25mm (on the top and bottom for added rigidity) and 18mm, strong, light-weight poplar plywood made structurally sound with tongue and groove joints. All PRX700 Series cabinets are protected by JBL’s tour proven DuraFlex™ finish. Grilles are made from dent-resistant 16 gauge steel and handles are made from light-weight glass-filled nylon for added strength and durability. All M10 suspension points are constructed from 14 gauge steel and have been tested with a yield-strength of
1000 lbs. each.
- The amplifier input panel offers XLR or ¼ inch jack compatibility and a sensitivity switch provides extra flexibility, making it possible to connect literally any sound source without using a mixer. Signal present and overload lights indicate the system status and assist in setting the optimum level, via the level control knob.
|Power Rating||1500 W|
|AC Power Input||100V – 240V~ 50/60 Hz|
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||Normal: 42 Hz – 18.5 kHz
Boost: 40 Hz – 18.5 kHz
|Frequency Response (±3 dB)||Normal: 49 Hz – 17 kHz
Boost: 46 Hz – 17 kHz
|Coverage Pattern||90° x 50° nominal|
|Directivity Index (DI)||10.4 dB|
|Directivity Factor (Q)||11|
|Crossover Frequency||2.4 kHz|
|Maximum SPL||Normal: 139 dB
Boost: 139 dB
|Signal Indicators||Limit: Yellow LED indicates peak output has been reached and dsp
limiter is acting
Signal: Green LED indicates signal present
Power/Standby: Blue indicates system has power and ready to pass audio,
Red indicates system has power but is in a power saving mode and will not
|Dynamic Control (Input)||dbx Type IV™ limiter circuit|
|Input Impedance||20K Ohms (balanced), 10K Ohms (unbalanced)|
|LF Driver||2 x JBL 275 (15 in) woofer|
|HF Driver||1 x JBL 2408H-2 37.5 mm (1.5 in) annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium compression driver|
|Enclosure||Trapezoidal, 18 mm, plywood|
|Suspension / Mounting||8 x M10 Suspension Points, 1 x M10 pull back point|
|Transport||2x integrated handle with injection molded backing cup|
|Finish||Obsidian DuraFlex™ finish|
|Grille||Powder coated, Obsidian, 16 gauge perforated steel with acoustical transparent black cloth backing.|
|Input Connectors||2 x Balanced XLR / 1/4 inch input, 2 x unbalanced RCA input|
|Output Connectors||1 male XLR balanced output|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||1070.36 mm x 445.0 mm x 537.97 mm
(42.14 in x 17.52 in x 21.18 in)
|Net Weight||37.19 kg (82 lb.)|