The Soundcraft LX7ii 16 is part of Soundcraft’s second generation of their acclaimed LX7 consoles. On the Lx7ii 16, Soundcraft’s founder and resident electronics wizard, Graham Blyth, completely redesigned the mic pre and EQ sections, taking the precision and quality found on their high-end consoles and packing it into a smaller, more affordable, and stylish desk. With 16 input channels and an intuitive control surface, the LX7ii 16 is the perfect mixing solution for both recording and live applications. If you’re on a budget, but can’t stop dreaming about that flagship, high-end Soundcraft sound, take home the LX7ii 16!
Soundcraft LX7ii 16 at a Glance:
- Great sound from premium mic pres
- Redesigned EQ section gives you responsive control
- Mix flexibility with a myriad of routing possibilities
Great sound from premium mic presWhen he was dreaming up the Lx7ii 16, Soundcraft founder, Graham Blyth, was determined to provide the best possible quality at the best price for the customer. With this philosophy in mind, Blyth went to work on the new Lx7ii series, taking the high-end mic pre design found on Soundcraft’s larger consoles and integrating it into this smaller desk. The result is astounding – the Lx7ii sounds incredible and is offered at an extremely affordable price!
Redesigned EQ section gives you responsive controlThe LX7ii’s new 4-band EQ section is based on the EQ used in the high-end MH series. The high and low shelving sections have much steeper slopes than usual, which can help reduce mid-frequency harshness in the high band and that dreaded muddiness in the low. The LX7ii also has two swept mid frequencies, carefully selected for maximum control during live performances. Every band provides 15dB of cut or boost, and there is a dedicated bypass switch, allowing you to compare treated and untreated sounds without having to completely reset the controls.
Stay flexible with the myriad of routing possibilitiesWith six flexible auxiliary sends, the user can choose between monitor or effects-oriented mixes. Auxes 1-6 are generally post-fader, post-EQ, but auxes 1-4 can be switched in pairs to be pre-fader, post EQ, making 4 pre-fader foldback mixes or 6 post-fader effects sends possible.
Soundcraft LX7ii 16 Features:
- 16 GB30 padless mic preamp provides up to +15dBu input capability
- 48v phantom power switched in blocks of four
- 1/4″ line input jack for balanced or unbalanced instruments
- 18dB per octave highpass filter straight after preamp
- Pre-fade, pre-EQ (but post highpass filter) insert point
- 8 channels of direct outputs make this a great choice for recording
- Enhanced, switching EQ section for fine sound shaping control
- 6 flexible aux sends for monitor mixes and effects sends
- Pre-fader, post-EQ soloing lets you hear your source clearly
- LED doubles as a peak indicator is super bright for dark spaces
- Stereo input section for tracks, background music, and more
- Group, master, and control room sections for mix output flexibility
The Soundcraft Lx7ii 16 is an excellent mixer for both recording as well as live sound applications!
|Inputs – Mic Preamps||16 x XLR|
|Inputs – Line||32 x TRS|
|Inputs – Other||1 x XLR (Talkback Mic), 1 x RCA, 4 x TRS (Stereo Input)|
|Outputs – Main||3 x XLR|
|Outputs – Direct||8 x TRS|
|Outputs – Other||6 x TRS (Aux), 2 x TRS (Monitor), 4 x TRS (Stereo Return)|
|Headphones||1 x 1/4″|
|EQ Bands||4-band Sweepable Hi-Mid/Lo-Mid|
|Aux Sends||4 x Pre/Post, 2 x Post|
|Busses/Groups||4 x Bus|
|Manufacturer Part Number||RW5674|